December 16, 2008

December 10, 2008 - It's a GIRL! :)



Hi Everyone!

I know I'm so behind in posting this, but things have been a little crazy. Most of you know already, but here's the run down of the last week.

We checked into the hospital at 8:00 last Monday (12/8/08) to be induced. I was started on a low dose of Pitocin (because I was already having regular contractions, they just weren't strong) and given a sleeping pill. I woke up with stronger contractions around 8:00 am on Tuesday morning and my water broke at 8:40 am. I continued to proceed and got an epidural (heaven on earth!) between 12:30 and 1:00 in the afternoon. I was pain free from that point and slept a lot during the day (doctor's orders, since I needed my strength for pushing). Speaking of pushing, that didn't begin until about 11:00 pm on Tuesday evening. After nearly 2 1/2 hours of pushing (and a total of about 17 1/2 hours of labor), our beautiful baby girl was born!

Here are her stats at birth:

Name: Berkley Anna
Date: December 10, 2008
Time: 1:22 am
Weight: 7 lbs, 3 oz
Height: 21 1/2 inches

We're so in love with her! She's the best thing we've ever done! We just sit around staring at her, in awe that we were able to make something so beautiful and perfect!

I'll post more pictures later. The one of her in her Christmas hat above is her Grandpa Wheelock's favorite! The other is our new family!

Tammy and Jon

1 comment:

Lauren and Jeff said...

You are a beautiful family. I can't wait to hold Berkley!